My name is Zhong Siqi, and I was born in Chongqing, China.

I got my bachelor’s degree in Beijing Normal University – Hong Kong Baptist University United International College (UIC), which is located in Zhuhai, China. Major in international journalism, I have built my theoretical framework of media/ public relations, mastered its fundamental principles, and acquired research and practical skills through courses Principles of Public Relations, Foundations of News and Feature Reporting, Special Topics in Public Relations and Advertising, Study on Intercultural Communication Issues, Mass Media Research and Persuasion in Media.

I was also active in student union when I was in my college. I was elected to be the head of the publicity department. The job in the department intrigued my interests in graphic designing and typography. I got the certification of the master in photoshop from Adobe during that period. Beyond the designing skill, I also accumulated experiences in leadership and human resource by being the leader.

In the summer of 2016, I passed several rounds of tests and interviews and got admitted into the Xinhua News Agency Chongqing Branch as an intern. Shortly after my supervisor instructed my interviews, and writing and editing news releases, I was assigned to independently carry out an interview in a far-away place. I managed to plan and implement this project and my independence and work performance won recognition from my colleagues and supervisor.

After graduating from the college, I entered Northeastern University to pursue higher education and professional level. My major here is cooperation and organizational communication, and I choose Public and Media Relation as my concentration. I have to say pursuing a master degree is a totally different story from what I learned previously. I have built a more solid and comprehensive thinking mode at Northeastern University by exploring deeply cultural issues and conducting practical projects. I’m expecting and continuing to gain more knowledge and practical experiences.