Ashley Russell

My name is Ashley Russell and I graduated from Worcester State University with a Bachelor's Degree in History and Political Science in May 2017. I am currently 23 years old. I am the graduate assistant in the Student Activities and Leadership Development Office at Western New England University. I'm from Southwick, MA.

I decided to enroll in the Education Masters program with a concentration in Higher Education Administration because I wanted to work in student affairs and help college students find who they are. I want to help them find their voice and their own leadership style. I think being a leader is very important and can help anyone shape them into the professional they hope to be no matter what their field is in. Going into my undergrad I had no idea what I wanted to do with my future and finding student affairs really opened up my eyes. Being a student leader on campus I found myself and my voice. I was always shy and in my own shell that being introduced to this side of college and getting involved really opened me up. Without student affairs, I would not be the same person I am today and I really hope to help other students feel the same way. Whether it be getting involved and helping students find their voice as leaders, working in admissions and helping students get comfortable in their new surroundings or working in any other field, I really think that student affairs is a huge part of becoming a college student. It really transforms you and teaches you life skills that you cannot learn by sitting in a classroom.