Briana DeFilippis 

My name is Briana DeFilippis and I am enrolled in the M. Ed. Program at Northeastern University with a concentration in Special Education. I also have licensure pending for Massachusetts initial educator licensure as a Teacher of Students with Moderate Disabilities. I received my Bachelor of Science in Psychology & Education from Northeastern in May of 2015, where I also was awarded Massachusetts initial educator licensure for grades 1-6 with an SEI endorsement. I completed my student teaching experience in Brookline, MA where I was soon offered a long-term substitute position in a second grade classroom for the end of the 14-15 school year. Currently, I am a Special Education Paraprofessional for grades 5/6 in Brookline. I decided to pursue my Master of Education in Special Education at Northeastern University because I truly believe in their strong emphasis on experiential learning and sense of national perspective. Through online discussions with fellow educational professionals, I believe that this program will help to strengthen my knowledge of working with students in special education settings and in inclusive classrooms.