Evan Mun - ePortfolio

Greetings, and thank you for taking the time to visit my e-portfolio! My name is Evan Mun, and I am an aspiring Biochemist from Northeastern University. While the primary focus of this e-portfolio is to detail my experiences in the CaNCURE program, it also includes additional information about myself, my passions, and my future goals.

In the spring of my second year at Northeastern, I was given the opportunity to be part of the university's CaNCURE program as a 6 month co-op. As the name suggests, CaNCURE is a cancer research program with a focus on nanomedicine. This program utilizes the connections of the university to send 8 qualified students to some of the most decorated mentors in the Boston area to pursue research on cancer and nanomedecine and develop their profssional skills at the same time.

I was fortunate enough to be paired with Dr. William Hahn from the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Broad Institute, and Harvard Medical School as my mentor. My lab experience in microbiology and transcription analysis as well as an extreme interest in elucidating the weaknesses of cancer to help save lives made me an excellent fit for the lab. Not only did this experience help to cultivate a greater understanding of the scientific process both on a technical and theoretical level, but it also provided me with a lab full of amazing people who have been consistently willing to provide me with mentorship and advice.

Throughout my e-portoflio you will be able to find information about my CaNCURE experience and my project with the Hahn Lab, as well as updates on my current research and professional skills. If you have any questions or just want to talk, feel free to contact me at mun.e@husky.neu.edu or connect with me on LinkedIn.

I wish you all the best!

CaNCURE is a Northeastern University and Dana-Farber / Harvard Cancer Center

partnership funded by the National Cancer Institute