After graduating from Northeastern with my Bachelor's degree I will pursue a Ph.D. in bioengineering. I intend to go directly into my PhD studies in the fall of 2019. Graduate school is my path to a career in academic research. After earning my PhD I plan to continue my reserach in academia as a postdoc. I will then pursue a professorship at a University where I can continue my reserach as well as teach.

Through my work at MGH through CaNCURE, I have focused my reserach interest on  medical technology for low- and middle- income countries. I enjoy thinking creatively to develop improvements to current techniques which are not accessible in resource-limited regions throughout the world. Specifically, I would like the focus of my PhD work to be on women's health in the developing world. I dream of seeing my CaNCURE project, a diagnostic assay for high risk HPV, be incorporated into an affordable take-home self test kit.  

Throughout my research career, I will continue improving medicine to increase affordability and accessibility. I understand the need to create truly meaningful partnerships with hospitals and research institutions in developing areas. As a research professor, I can tap in to my passion for education and inspiring and encouraging the next generation of scientists and engineers.