My name is Victoria, I'm an undergraduate Bioengineering major with a concentration in Cell and Tissue Engineering at Northeastern Univers
ity. I believe that only with a full understanding of why things happen, can we learn to how to solve problems. That is why I'm committed to developing a deep understanding of biology and pathology, as well as developing engineering skills to enact solutions. My research focus is women's health in low- and middle- income countries. You can read about my research project developing a high risk HPV detection assay here and my current research internship in Botswana here.

I love nature, and on weekends I enjoy hiking, kayaking, roller blading, and camping. I also love theater, musical theater, and art. I have traveled around the US, to France and Spain, to southern China to study Mandarin, and to Botswana to intern in a research lab. I am most passionate about sharing my love for science with the next generation of scientists and engineers: children. I currently teach and mentor many young children through Science Club for Girls and Roxbury Robotics. You can learn about my volunteer activities here. I believe that diversity in the field can bring about the best scientific discoveries, and I hope that throughout my career I can help make the STEM field more inclusive to all. 

Thank you for taking the time to view my portfolio, I hope you enjoy learning about my academic and professional journey. 

CaNCURE is a Northeastern University and Dana-Farber / Harvard Cancer Center

partnership funded by the National Cancer Institute