Christopher Garniewicz

I am currently enrolled in the Masters program here at Northeastern University, returning to school after a 25 year haitus.  I am excited to continue this chapter of my life with the support of my wife and daughter.

Born and raised in central Massachusetts, I left for school to study Engineering and wound up with a degree in Scenic Design.  I worked in the Metro Boston area for years in theatre, ballet, opera and rock and roll.  I met a beautiful woman, proposed and moved to the Southeastern US to raise a family and start a new chapter in my life.

I am now a career firefighter and have been working in South Carolina for over 20 years.  I have progressed through the rank structure, employed now as a Captain, assigned to Truck 335 and the Special Operations Group at my Department.

I have enjoyed a fairly active lifestyle, including playing roller hockey at the local rink.  I participate in charity stair climbs (mostly for the American Lung Association), training on the towers at the local Zipline course where I work part time.  Our family likes to travel, and I have had the oportunity to visit a number of fabulous cities and countries. 

As a firefighter, I have found incredable enjoyment teaching and lecturing throughout the Southeast on firefighting and rope rescue.  To continue with this work after retirement I have decided to further my education. The Learning and Instruction curriculum seems to be the concentration that will offer me the most insight as a fire instructor.