ABOUT ME

My name is Deanna Drugg. I am a graduate student of Northeastern University’s MAT+ program.   I grew up and attended public schools in Burlington, MA. After graduating high school, I completed 4 years at UMass Dartmouth where I received an undergraduate degree in marketing. However, my many experiences with coaching young children and babysitting kept teaching as a career on the backburner. Upon graduating from college in 2008, I took a substitute position at Burlington High School where I grew fond of the school environment. 

At this point, I realized that teaching was a career that I wanted to pursue and I knew that I would enjoy working with students of a younger age. I enrolled in the MAT+ Elementary program at Northeastern. Soon, I got a job as a special education assistant at an elementary school in Burlington. This position solidified my passion for teaching. Due to redistricting in 2011, I was moved to another school in Burlington as a one-to-one assistant for a second grade student with a hearing disability. I am now completing my practicum in this classroom as well. This has been a wonderful experience. I am fortunate enough to gain experience through the classroom teacher. I participated in all aspects of the second grade classroom. I am able to see the children grow from September to June. This full school experience has better prepared me for my own classroom.

In my spare time, I serve and bartend at a local restaurant, The Flatbread Company. I enjoy traveling to other cities with family and friends and I love to shop.