Nova Southeastern University - After more than 10 years in the professional sports sector, I transitioned into collegiate athletic administration.  I served as Associate Director of Athletics at Nova Southeastern University, overseeing communications, marketing and external operations from 2002-08.  My responsibilities and initiatives included the following:

• Promoted and directed media relations efforts for Department of Athletics
  • Formulated and managed annual budgets of $175,000 for the Sports Information and Marketing Departments. 
  • Directed all athletics facility operations for over 200 athletics events annually, including those in the new $100 million University Center and 5,000-seat UC Arena and four other athletic venues. 
  • Guided the formation of the NSU Athletics Hall of Fame Exhibit from concept to the design and manufacturing phases. 
  • Directed ticket operations of five athletic venues, while reconciling ticket revenues with Ticketmaster and UC Arena box office. 
  • Developed Athletic fund raising and booster club strategies, which initiated VIP seating, booster club member benefits and discounted ticket prices, and resulting in over $100,000 in a four year period.

Related Experience

University of Miami - I was an Intern in the Football Recruiting Office for the University of Miami in the Fall of 1987.  I assisted Recruiting Coordinator David Scott with daily responsibilities relating to the recruitment of the top high school football players in the country.  This included sending letters to recruits to invite them for campus visits to the University of Miami. 

When recruits came for a campus visit, I would pick them up at the airport and transport them to the team hotel for their stay.  On Saturday morning I would bring them to the Orange Bowl for the Hurricanes game that day and usher them to the sidelines for pre-game warmups and then to a meeting with Head Coach Jimmy Johnson and the coaching staff.

The Hurricanes went on to win the national championship that season with a 20-14 New year's Day victory over the University of Oklahoma. 

Following is an ESPN 30-for-30 feature documentary on the Miami Hurricanes in the 1980's: