Master of Education

Higher Education Administration concentration

The Northeastern University Master of Education program gives students the opportunity to build a professional base of knowledge, to graduate with the competencies and skills necessary to advance in their careers, and to contribute to the educational needs of the 21st century.

Students begin with core courses where they develop a foundation of knowledge about education as an advanced field of study. This foundation lays the groundwork for students to examine education as a global-societal construct and to explore the array of educational experiences across a person's lifespan. The core courses establish a shared understanding that each concentration expands upon in concentration-specific courses.

More than that though, the concentration in Higher Education Administration bridges the gap between where I am now and the knowledge I have now with where I want to go and the knowledge I will need to get there.

I want to work in Higher Education. In order to make a real and lasting contribution to the higher education community, I need the knowledge and the tools for success that this degree provides. 

Furthermore, I want to use the combination of experience and education to teach within the Higher Education community. I want to inspire adult students like myself to achieve more than they ever believed they could. 

Higher Education changes lives.

I want to be a part of that change.

-

Elisabeth