About this Section of the ePortfolio

My Students Say

Example Evaluation Quote: This course really stretched me. I was continually struggling to wrap my head around it. Dr. Gail Matthews-DeNatale patiently kept bugging and guiding me forward. In the end, the fog cleared and I have this exciting sense that I successfully absorbed and integrated the knowledge and understanding needed to make valuable use of the learning experience. It was an arduous trek with a rewarding view from the summit!!!

Example Post-Course Email: I wanted to take a moment to thank you for an outstanding class this term.  I truly appreciated (and could 'feel' on this end) the care and thought you put into designing the course.  Your willingness to share of yourself and interact with students made the course feel like and actual cohort of students as opposed to a disparate amalgam of learners who happened to be taking the same class.  You went above and beyond to make the class more meaningful for the students.

This area includes a separate page for each course that I teach.  

I'm always mulling over the role that these courses could/should play in supporting a larger process of learning, so I begin each course page with my most recent reflections on the topic, how the course is currently configured, and possible future directions.

I also spend time thinking about what I mean when I talk about "exemplary" work for the course, so in some sections I include samples of interesting things that my students have created (with their permission, of course!).