'Treat people as if they were what they might be, and you will help them become capable of being.' Goethe

My name is Gaynor Kohn ( Flicop) and I am here for the second time in my life as a student at Northeastern University. I started back in 1975 as an undergraduate, but dropped out in my sophomore year. I recently finished my undergraduate work at Merrimack College in North Andover and I am happy to be back here at Northeastern in the MAT program. I will be graduating with my Masters in August 2011 and will have my ELL certification in December 2011.  Currently I am licensed to teach  ELA 5-12 in Massachusetts and recently took my MTEL for 5-8 Humanities licensure.

I lead a very full life! I have three boys ( 0ne son and two step-sons) four dogs and one husband. We recently celebrated 10 years together and we both look forward to many more years together. My boys are great; Mike and Adam are in college and Danny is in eighth grade. Our dogs are all rescues and are great fun to have around.

Becoming a teacher is something that I have always wanted to do, but "life" got in my way. I took advantage of an opportunity that was presented to me, finished school, and I now feel that I have found my calling; teaching.  This "mid-life change" is the most rewarding and satisfying  experience  of my life and I look forward to the opportunity to teach for years to come.