About Me:

I am a recent graduate of Northeastern University with a Bachelors of Science Degree in Psychology and Elementary Education. 

I am a well-rounded individual from Fairfield, Connecticut with a passion for working with children and helping them grow. I believe that every student has the chance to reach their academic peak if given the proper instruction that best works to his or her personal learning strengths. 

During my education at Northeastern University I was able to develop my skills as a teacher through my practicum at The Mission Hill School, a Pilot Boston Public School. My time teaching in this urban school setting has prepared me to design creative curriculum, prepare thoughtful and effective lesson plans, and confidident in my classroom management skills. I have enjoyed learning new techniques throughout my semester student teaching.

Besides Northeastern allowing me to really immerse myself in urban education it has given me the opportunity to gain an ample amount of real-life work experience through my various Co-op jobs. I gained my experience with Special Education from working at the May Institute in Randolph, MA and The Kennedy Day School in Brighton, MA.

I also spent the past two summers at Camp Starfish in Ringde, NH; a residential camp for children with severe behavioral and emotional needs. Over the past two summers I have held positions such as Lead Counselor and Boy's Village Administrator. 

I love to travel and have studied abroad in the Czech Republic. I will also be volunteering and teaching English abroad following graduation. I love yoga and cooking. I am especially intersted in sustainable farming practicies and how to promote local agriculuture in school settings by working with students to plant vegetables within classrooms.

I plan to eventually pursue a masters in social work, counseling, or a related field in the future. I am interested in achieving social justice for special needs populations, learning about and bettering educational institutions for children in developing countries, as well as education reform in the US. 

After spending 10 months travelling throughout Europe and living in Israel, I settled in the DC area and have been working as a home-based ABA intructor and respite care provider for families with children on the Autism Spectrum.