Lessons and Accomplishments

This case reflects the principle ability that I've acquired throughout the MBA program: the ability to find problems in education and find solutions for those problems.  All courses have taught many important aspects to consider in education, such as equality, teaching, learning, brain science, technology, and initiating change through education policy.  Together, the lessons on which I focused during the past 2 years in the program  have trained me with a set of skills needed to become a proverbial "game changer" in education settings.

The problem I chose to fix was easy to find because it has been the most common complaint made by students in the beginning of classes.  The problem was obvious, by the solution was not  easy to implement because it requires convincing administration and other teachers that more homework doesn't necessarily mean better education.  By drawing on the skills I've learned as an educational research consumer I was able to organize the necessary literature and data to explain my case to key stakeholders, allowing them to see the damage that a current practice is causing the effectiveness of the education given at Kalvirs.

Documenting the entire process using various media types allows me to not only share and demonstrate the lessons I've learned, but also to create an artefact of the entire initiative to serve as an example for me to continue and grow as I condition myself to become a catalyst for positive innovation in education.