Hello and welcome to my portfolio page!

My name is Jeana DeLaire and I am pursuing a master's in Corporate and Organizational Communication at Northeastern Universty. Prior to Northeastern, I obtained my undergraduate degree in Human Ecology at College of the Atlantic in Bar Harbor Maine where I focused my studies on education, gender studies, and music. I selected the project management concentration within my master's program because I think the relationship between effective leadership and communication is an interesting and crucial connection. I will complete this degree program in May of this year (2018). 

My professional background includes management positions in both the nonprofit and business sectors, as well as freelance writing, and project management. Currently, I work as a digital marketing manager overseeing project managers, copywriters, and developers on digital marketing projects such as website creation and social media campaigns. I've enjoyed taking on this management position at J&R Marketing, a Rhode Island startup offering digital marketing services as well as custom promotional products and apparel. 

As a writer, I have experience in copywriting, script writing for statewide political campaigns, and have also served as a contributing writer. Some publications my work has appeared in include Motif Magazine, Options Magazine, Get Magazine, and OnlyInYourState.com. I have also served as a ghostwriter for entrepreneurs in the marketing industry. You can view my writing portfolio here

I also work as an area stage manager and musician and have worked at large events including PVDFest, Rhode Island PrideFest, and more. My current music projects include Tammy & Jeana and Great Gale. Previously, I have worked in youth centers supporting at-risk demographics and educating faculty and staff at area high schools on best practice for supporting LGBTQ students. 

As someone who holds a commitment to continued learning, my goals consist of furthering my understanding of communication theory and practice with a special interest in communication studies related to leadership and gender studies. I aspire to use my knowledge to consult with organizations and businesses to help improve productivity and cultures. I feel the strongest organizations understand their power structures, can critically assess their culture, and create sustainable workspaces.

Thank you for visiting this page and learning more about my experience.