Journal 9

My writing process usually starts with selecting a title. Choosing a suitable topic is the most important thing for paper. If the questions fail to attract people's attention, there will not be many people interested in reading the essays. And in choosing a topic, we need to start thinking about who our audience is. The second step is to find the data so that I can also determine whether there are enough information and data to support our views on this topic. If this step cannot be achieved, either our essay will not be credible, or we cannot write an essay at all. When I find an appropriate topic and a very useful source, I write an outline, because the outline helps me clear my mind and determine my structure. Then I will start my first draft without an outline, and finish my final draft according to the feedback of my classmates and professors.

Of course, in the process of writing, I will also encounter many problems. The first one is like identifying my audience. In my project 3, my biggest problem is not to choose a genre, but to determine who my audiences are. Since my topic is related to the general public, it is difficult for me to think of specific audiences. I asked a lot of people and even went to the writing center. In the end, I got a lot of inspiration, so I think of businessmen and customers. Because these two groups are more closely related to money.

Another serious problem is that I don't know how to express the same meaning in different words and expand my ideas. For me, the minimum number of words limited in each project is a threshold. I do not know whether it is because of me or my topic, and I cannot write long paragraphs. Most of the time, my thoughts are fully expressed in a few words. Therefore, most of the time I spend the most time is not thinking about how to choose a topic, but how to expand my content to become longer. In project 2, besides the introduction and conclusion, I have three body paragraphs in total. But after I finish each paragraph, I don't know how to go on. But then I found a good way to solve the problem. I will find some sources about the topic on the website, then quote some words from them, and then analyze these sentences to support my main idea. Or when there are already too many quotations in my article, I will paraphrase the sentences of the authors.

Or when there are already too many quotations in my article, I will paraphrase the sentences of the authors. But if I want to write a good article, good logic is indispensable. So I looked up some information on the Internet and learned some writing methods of others. Let's say these three steps. The first step is to get the audience's attention by telling them my results and conclusions. The second step is to provide specific reasons and data to convince the audience intellectually. The third step is to provide examples that emotionally convince the audience. And before proceeding with these steps, I should also provide some background information to my listeners to popularize the basic knowledge about this topic.