During my coursework at Northeastern University, I developed a differentiated lesson plan based on Blooms Taxonomy. This lesson plan was based on Social Studies and English Language Arts curriculum frameworks for second grade students. It was originally created outside of the context of my student teaching placement. However, during the course of my time in the classroom I had the opportunity to execute this lesson plan over the course of several days. The lesson plan was very thorough and covered materials, core vocabulary, the mini lesson, guided practice, wrap up, assessments and possible challenges. Each of these categories also included possible accommodations and ways to differentiate. I found that this format for creating lesson plans was extremely useful when teaching students in the classroom. I used this model throughout my placement when using set curriculum such as Reading Street for literacy or TURK for math. I also considered this model when developing my own social studies lessons for students. The lesson plans were always adapted to consider the students Individualized Education Plans so that each child’s learning strategy was addressed. I think that this lesson plan is a great example of my best practice because it considers multiple intelligence and also different learning styles and abilities when working with an entire group of students. This is an integral part of my special education teaching philosophy, and something that I consider to be essential to the success of students as a group and also as individuals. It is a great skill to able to consider each individual learner in a class when working with a small group of students or the entire class during a mini lesson or wrap up. This lesson plan reflects indicator #46 by including different technologies and visual aids to reach different learners in the classroom. It also clearly reflects indicator #47. It is a clear lesson where many materials, vocabulary words, and ways to differentiate were considered to create a plan where few challenges could be anticipated and in practice, no challenges were experienced. 

finkelstein-1.laura.lesson.plan.doc