My coursework in special education introduced me to many of the legal issues that I encountered during my student teaching experience. I was introduced to the important issues that students and families face when going through the process of acquiring an Individualized Education Plan. As stated in indicator #5, I learned about the rights and procedures that are at the heart of education.  I also discovered some of the different procedures that go along with the identification and the accommodations of students with different learning needs. While working in a substantially separated class I met students who were provided with resources such as small class size, support groups, psychological, occupational and speech therapy. I discussed their services with the individuals who provided this extra support. I also learned about all of the services that were required by law for each individual circumstance. I applied what I learned during my 20 weeks at a Boston Public School when completing an assignment during my final six weeks of practicum work. In the assignment, I was expect to analyze and research the legal issues that corresponded with each particular case study and give my insight based on the information provided. I was able to accurately determine the legal issues that connected to each case and give my suggestion based on this information. As a professional in the field of education, it is critical that I understand cases such as the ones that I was presented with in my course work and also at my student teaching site. It is also important to be constantly aware of the laws pertaining to education and the adaptations that happen over time. I intend to always stay up to date on the news, laws, and the changing landscape of education in America.

Case Study.docx