7 Glade Avenue #3
Jamaica Plain, MA 02130
Massachusetts initial license in elementary education (grades 1-6).
ESL (grades PreK-6) and Special Education (grades PreK-8) licenses -PENDING.
Massachusetts certification to teach infants and toddlers as well as preschool aged children. Granted in 2008.
- Master of Arts in Teaching Plus Special Education (MAT+),
Northeastern University, Boston, MA. Expected June, 2012.
- Master of Fine Arts in Painting (MFA), Boston University, Boston, MA. June, 2007.
- Bachelor of Arts in Education and Painting (BA), Hampshire College, Amherst, MA, May, 2003.
Teaching Related Experience
Student Teacher in a LAB (learning adaptive behavior) Classroom
The Beethoven School, West Roxbury MA April 2012-Present
- Working in partnership with Northeastern University and Boston Public Schools to fulfill the requirements for a license in moderate disabilities grades pre-kindergarten through eighth grade.
- Student teaching in a mixed grade level special education classroom.
- Closely monitoring and tracking the behavior of students who have already established behavior plans.
- Providing specialized instruction based on children’s Individualized Education Plans.
The Beethoven School, West Roxbury MA, January 2012-April 2012.
- Worked in partnership with Northeastern University and Boston Public Schools to fulfill the requirements for student teaching.
- Student teacher in a second grade classroom with 22 students and one supervising teacher.
- Worked with multiple English language learners and also students with individualized education plans.
- Followed the curriculum guidelines that went along with the Reading Street program and also the TURK Investigations program for math.
- Taught a Social Studies curriculum on heritage and geography that was independently developed. The lesson plans were all carefully differentiated in order to suit the needs of ELL learners as well as the students with IEPs.
- Gave regular formative and summative assessments
Pre-school Teacher Pre-Kindergarten
Jewish Community Center of Greater Boston, Newton MA, May 2008-July 2011.
- Took part in lesson planning and curriculum design for multiple subjects.
- For two consecutive years took part in all of the documentation and the many requirements involved in NAEYC accreditation.
- Guided students in small group activities.
- Participated in regular assessment and documentation of children’s work.
- Worked with students who had special needs. Monitored their progress and followed their IEPs.
- Worked with many English language learners.
Teaching Assistant Sophomore Painting
Boston University College of Fine Arts, Boston, MA, September 2006-May 2007.
- Assistant to professor for sophomore painting course. Class met one day a week for six hours of intensive studio learning.
- Regularly participated in individual and group critiques.
Other Professional Experience
Clinical Research Coordinator
Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston MA, April 2004-September 2005
- Responsible for scheduling treatment, labs and procedures for patients according to cancer treatment protocols.
- Worked with patients directly to effectively create schedules that both followed protocol regulations, and also coordinated with patients needs.
- Interested in integrating creative and artistic background to enhance the curriculum experience for students of different ages, abilities and needs.