Lisa Sandoval

My name is Lisa Sandoval, and I currently work as adjunct faculty in the division of STEM-B (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math, -Business) at Seattle Central College. I have also served as Director in the STEM+B division, where I supported faculty and the eLearning department with instructional design projects including pedagogy, technology, and evaluation.

Before this position, I served as the Director for Information Technology Programs where I had the pleasure advising students academically and professionally in their pursuits of a career in the IT sector. I was also responsible for all aspects of the department operations such as budgets, operations, and faculty/staff recruitment and retention. Having developed a strong ethic of collaboration between industry and faculty, we revised courses and programs every two years; during this time, I was pursuing graduate studies, and was able to immediately use what I was learning in my practice.

I have a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science from Seattle University, and a Master of Education in eLearning and Instructional Design from Northeastern University. I consider myself a life-long learner, and aspire to be a professional student in my life and career, striving to impress this outlook on students, colleagues, and the organizations I have worked for. I am resilient in the face of change and sub-optimal circumstances. I am seeking positions where I can promote and support eLearning and Instructional Design practices in higher education partnerships with STEM industries.