Maddie Thomas

I am a higher ed professional working in undergraduate admissions at Northeastern University!

I grew up in Maine, attending an all-girls high school and continued on to Northeastern University for my B.S. in Political Science & Economics. I graduated in 2014 after spending significant time in the world of higher education as a resident assistant, active member in Northeastern's Center for Student Involvement, and finally the undergraduate admissions office.

I am passionate about college access, LGBTQ issues, and single-sex education. These areas of interest were heavily influenced by my professional career at two different institutions within undergraduate admissions. 

My work in the undergraduate admissions office as a student resonated with me. I enjoyed the role I was able to play in a student college decision. I also found that I was quite good at counseling students and families. This led to my search mostly for undergraduate admissions jobs when I graduated. Somehow the stars aligned and I was hired in an admissions counselor role at an all-female college. I knew I eventually wanted to get back to a single-sex school and I am thankful it happened as soon as it did. After spending a decent amount of time there I was ready for a new challenge at a larger, more selective, institution to further hone my skills. This allowed me to understand more about college access and how we as counselors can work on behalf of marginalized populations.