Michael Cooper

I am a freelance instructional designer and content developer, currently enrolled in Northeastern's Master's of Education program in hopes that what I learn from it will result in bigger, better, and faster results for my clients.

What do I love about corporate learning? I don't just want to be a good instructional designer. I want to positively impact lives. And that's what corporate learning can do.

If I design a course on, for instance, systems training for a large company to save workers a mere five minutes every day, then that is five minutes those employees can leverage to achieve any number of outcomes in their own lives. In fact, over the course of a year, this becomes 21.667 hours. This will, of course, also have a huge positive impact for the business itself. But my focus is and will always be on the human beings that I can assist with achieving their goals.

When I'm on my own time, I perform stand-up, write poetry, read voraciously, write songs and spend time with my amazing partner.