WARNING: This ePortfolio is currently being used as a template. Published changes or deletions will affect new ePortfolios created from this template.

As an educator, I am honored to be in the role of an Assistant Teaching Professor for the Northeastern University College of Professional Studies Master of Science in Corporate and Organizational CommunicationMy career has been filled with various leadership and communication roles within the social service field from correction and judicial services, mental health, secondary education, higher education, and executive education.  I am able to draw on my experiences to highlight the importance of transferring theory into practice.
     As a consultant at the Harvard School of Public Health and Harvard University Office of Sustainability, I developed stakeholder communication systems to enhance internal and external relations.  As HR Director for a community mental health center, I instituted internal and external communication strategies to improve employee relations, Board of Director recruitment and orientation process, along with community engagement.  I was particularly proud to be a leading member of a team to develop and advocate for the Marion County Diversion of Non-violent Mentally Ill Offenders to Treatment. I was part of a small partnership to present this program to the State of Florida congressional committee. Ultimately, this program was adopted and funded by the state.

More recently, I have over six years experience as an adjunct instructor at Northeastern University and Webster University. In addition, I am the Principal Coach for P.A.G. Coaching & Associates working with small non-profits and individuals. It may be no surprise that I view myself as a life long learner.  I am passionate about intercultural relationships, especially through first hand experiences. 
     As for my formal education, I have a Doctorate in Education from George Washington University through the Executive Leadership Program with a concentration in adult learning. My Master of Liberal Arts is from Harvard University with a concentration in information management systems. In addition, I have a Master of Arts in Personnel Management through the University of Phoenix from Arizona. My undergraduate degree was from University of Florida with a Bachelor of Science in Business Management with a major in management and minor in marketing.
     In addition to the joy of teaching, I consider myself a social scientist.  My research focus has been in adult learning and communications, specifically: intercultural communication, cultural intelligence, cross-generational communication, self-directed learning, team learning, and transformative learning.  Moreover, I would enjoy connecting with learners around the world. Please feel free to send me a line, p.goodman@neu.edu or www.linkedin.com/in/pattygoodmaneducator