This portfolio is meant to summarize and reflect on my experience with ENGW 1111, taught by Professor Dedek in the fall of 2019. Included is some information about the course, along with my major writing assignments and information about in-class activities. 

About me

I'm Sam Allegretti, a first year student at Northeastern University in Boston Massachusettes. I am persuing a 4 year degree of electrical engineering and physics. I grew up in northeast Connecticut which has a strong contrast to the urban life of Boston. I chose Northeastern because of the exceptional job opportunities and programs, and I am ecstatic about what the future holds for me. Outside of academics, some of my hobbies include weightlifting, skiing, and pretty much anything that gets my adrenaline pumping. 

It is easy for me to say that this class exceeded my expectations. Before this course, I regretted not taking AP English in order to get credit and skip past this course. However, I am confident that I made the right choice. The freedom of a college writing course changed my perspective on the writing process along with the work of other people.