Background and Interests

I'm a New Englander through and through. I grew up in Lexington, Massachusetts, the birthplace of the American Revolution. I was accustomed to being surrounded by revolutionary history—reenactments, historical homes, and museums—as well as the herds of tourists who came through town each year to marvel at the historical sites. To this day, I have a special affinity for anything related to American history, especially the revolutionary period. 

I went to Tufts University for college, and that's really where I became more curious about the world around me. I dabbled with different careers through internships, explored other cultures through study abroad opportunities in the French Alps and London, and discovered how much I enjoy learning. Studying abroad really solidified my anglophile and francofile tendencies. I love all things British—books, TV, music—and I try to visit France and my host family as often as I can. 

Much of my time these days is spent at my full-time job at Berklee and in school at Northeastern, but I have plenty of hobbies and interests to keep me busy in my free time. I live with my husband and two cats, and enjoy caring for our tiny vegetable garden, where we primarily grow cherry tomatoes and the occasional tiny watermelon. I'm a voracious reader, especially mysteries and historical fiction, and I've been a dedicated member of my bookgroup for about decade. I enjoy scouring yard sales and flea markets for furniture to refinish, and am particularly proud of a 1950s credenza that I rescued from Craigslist and refurbished it to its original state.