The capstone course was an opportunity to bring together the skills I developed over the last few years and apply them to a real consulting project. I conducted my project at Berklee (where I work full-time), studying and assessing the existing content on Berklee's External Affairs website. Through research that included stakeholder interviews, Google Analytics, a content audit, and competitive analysis, I identified areas that needed to be improved, and proposed a set of recommendations to my sponsor. 

The experience was quite challenging—the volume of work, learning to synthesize information into an accessible package for my sponsor, and pulling together theoretical and practical lessons from courses over the last two years. It was also very rewarding, particularly as I look back and see how much I have grown and learned. My sponsor's overwhelmingly positive response to my final deliverables was thrilling, and makes me look forward to conducting similar projects in the future. 

For the final component of the course, I wrote a reflection paper, pulling anecdotes and lessons from the reflection journal I kept throughout the course and project. The reflection paper gave me an opportunity to process what I learned and areas where I've grown and struggled.