The e-folio is to show two different essays and give background information about each author. The first is written by Brian Doyle titled Joyas Voladoras. This essay is about life and love. Brian Doyle uses metaphors of hummingbirds, tortoises, and blue whales to convey his messages. The second is written by Alberto Alvaro Rios titled Translating Translation: Finding the Beginning. Alberto Rios speaks of language. He talks about how it is more that knowing language it is understanding language, manners,  and how you speak it. Also included in this e-folio is my own imitative essay to Rios's piece. I wrote about running on how it is more than a physical act. My goal is for the viewer to get a deeper understanding on each of these authors. By looking through this they will learn about each piece these men have written, background information, and the styles these men write with. With my own personal imitation viewers will get a comparison to Rios' writing. This will help the viewer gain a deeper understanding on the style Rios used because they can compare to my piece. 

In this process I built the e-folio step by step. When reading and studying about Brian Doyle I constructed the Brian Doyle page. As I completed each assignment from inital thoughts to closing interpretation I would post each. I also did the same when reading and studying about Alberto Alvaro Rios. By the time I had started my final piece for the imitation I had completed both Brian Doyle's and Alberto Rios' sections. This gave me a clear understanding of both pieces which let me make an educated choice on which I truly wanted to pursue in imitating. I really related with Rios' style which is why I ultimately chose his piece to imititate. After finishing my first draft I went to the peer tutor service offered at Northeastern. I worked with Lillie to build on my ideas. Later that night I had some friends in my dorm read over my essay to further constuctively criticize my piece. I fixed the first draft up to hand in the second draft. In class Jasmyn and Will gave my piece a peer review. I used both of these reviews when revising my paper for the final piece. After writing the final piece I wrote the final reflection. I hope you enjoy everything!!