The final project: its connection with the three writers

I wanted to use this page to analyze this last project and to describe how each of the three author has played and important role when coming up with ideas for this project and when presenting them in digication. I will do this by going through each of the authors:

Richard Rodriguez: from this author I learned to put forward certain ideas by connecting them to my past experiences. He also made me realize that like him I had received a wrong academic education which in some way was stopping me from being myself and from becoming thoughtful and critical. This made me be willing to experience a change not only in my writing but also in my way of perceiving my new academic education here at northeastern. As well as this course, Richard Rodriguez made me realize that here in the United States education is much different and effective than what it is in Spain and that if I wanted to be successful I had to change my way of studding by starting to put much more thinking in every single work assigned. In regard to this final project, Rodriguez was  my main source of inspiration for writing the fist type of person who leads to the “trustful reader”. The scholarship boy “who was the great mimic; a collector if thoughts, not a thinker; the very last person in class who ever feels obliged to have an opinion of his own” was the perfect example to illustrate my concept of an imitator and of a “trustful” reader.

Paulo Freire: This author not only made me become concerned about society and education but he also made me be willing to make my contribution to the world and in order to do that I had to start to be critical and thoughtful and to think for myself. As a consequence, since then I am working hard on it not only in my projects but also in every aspect of my life. Paulo Freire has influenced my writing in every aspect. He has motivated me to think for myself and this makes him be a source of inspiration in this last project as well.

Richard Miller: Since this entire project has been based on The Dark Night of the Soul by this author, within the three he is the one which mostly influenced my work. I see Miller as the most critical writer within the three. This made me be willing to analyze and develop in this final project the power of being critical. I found it fascinating how Miller manages to develop his own opinions and to transmit his concerns and thoughts to his readers by using different stories. In this project I have worked really hard in incorporating some writing like Miller by using some of the characters of the stories included in the Dark Night of the Soul as examples to illustrate the person/ reader I was analyzing. However, what I think makes my work like Miller’s is that I have shown my own perspective of each of these different examples and I have used them from a completely different purpose.

Having incorporated in this last project a little bit of the three makes me see this project as special and different from the previous ones. In the first project, I just focused on Richard Rodriguez and I didn’t manage to establish a strong connection between Rodriguez’s work and my work. In the second project, although I did manage to show a lot of Freire in my project it was connected just to the author. However, in this last project, although Miller has been the great source of inspiration the other two authors has also played an important role and the result is somehow a mixture of the three. Consequently, I see this last project as a wrap up of the work we have done throughout the entire semester.