Our writing course puts in practice what Richard Miller describes in This is How We dream. This way of writing was completely new for me and I imagine that also for the rest of my peers. However, as Richard Miller describes in the video, I see a lot of strong points about composing online. Moreover, I appreciate a lot the willingness of people like Richard Miller or the instructors of the course to keep up with the times and exploit the new possibilities technology offers us. I think that it is great to see the interest writers like Miller who describes himself as a “person of the book” who has always done a lot of writing as a solitary activity, show about all this new way of writing. Thanks to this advanced people we are able to take writing courses like the one we are taking that enables us to work with a lot of different tools rather than just books. For me the strongest points of working with digication are the following:

• Working with digication gives us much more freedom to shape our work. It makes it easier to make our work ours. To give it a personal touch. It is great to be able to organize our work the way we want. Being able to play with the structure of the portfolio makes each of our projects different. In this world of digication not only the text talks to the audience but every single piece of the portfolio says something: the design,  the distribution of the pages, the typography, the title, the pictures, the home page…EVERYTHING.

• Secondly, we can use all type of media. I love this because I sometimes find it hard to express all my ideas through words and by adding an appropriate video or picture to my project I am able to create in my audience the exact feeling I was looking for. Before having taken this course I hadn’t realize how much pictures and videos can say. And through combining all different types of media we create appealing spaces where each single element has its own contribution to the idea which is being developed.

• The power of working as a group. Digication enables us to see our peers’ work and to comment  on it. You learn from your peers and your peers learn from you. Through following other peoples’ projects you can realize what is or is not working in other project and you can then transfer it to yours. Furthermore, through peers comments you receive good advices to improve your project. Finally, the idea of research collaboration is a really good way to help each other to come up with good ideas to include to the projects.

• Having to make my work public has made become more demanding with my projects. I try to always have in mind my audience when writing and this makes me work harder. When I am writing I love the idea of anyone being able to follow my work. I want people to enjoy going through my projects so I feel responsible for presenting worthy ideas.

• Finally digication enables us to create our own space for our work. I love when I am coming to the end of my projects and I revise all the pages because I have the feeling of all that as being mine. I don’t really know why but I feel much more connected to my projects than to any of the essays or papers I have writing throughout my academic life.