WORK PLAN ONE

To get into this last project I will have to achieve the following goals before the next class: Fist of all, I have to re-read the whole Dark Night of the Soul as many times as necessary to understand it properly. But not just the actual piece but also the preface and the assignment prompts because I they helped me in my previous projects to understand the author’s purpose and they also made me realize important facts of the piece which I would have missed. Throughout this course I have realized the importance of reading a piece of work more than once specially if we have to build a whole project based on it. Secondly, I will be looking for those sections of the reading that speak to Richard Rodriguez or Paulo Freire. I will be putting an “F” or an “R” in the margin of each of them. This can help me  to include in my final project some of the ideas I learned from these two writers. Thirdly, I noticed in class that the professor is giving  a lot of importance to how Miller writes so I while re-reading "The Dark Night of the Soul" I have to pay close attention to the structure, the content, how the writer constructs his argument, how he describes his purpose, how he starts it, how he ends it up...Fourthly, I have to watch This is How we dream. Once I achieve all this, it is time to start writing! For the next class I should have done an analysis on both, the Dark Night of the Soul and "This is How we Dream" as well as my brainstorm to come up with good ideas for this last project. 

WORK PLAN 2

It is time to start working on the actual project specially because thanksgiving is really close and I want to have some work done before I go home some days. I am starting to have some ideas. One of the most important things which I have learned in this course is to become critical, thoughtful and able to come up with my own ideas and thoughts. Moreover, I see Miller as the perfect example of a critical writer and I have decided to explore in this project the power of being critical. When analyzing The Dark Night of the Soul and the different stories which are included, I started to think that there are many different types of persons. One of the characters which most caught my attention in the reading was Dylan Klebold who Miller describes as a follower, then I came across two difficult personalities Descartes and MCandles and then I focused on Mary Karr and on Miller. All these persons are so different to me! Consequently, I started to thinking as society being made up of 3 different types of persons: imitators like Dylan and the scholarship boy, difficult personalities like Decartes and McCandles, and critical beings who try to know themselves and who are worried about how to make their own contribution to the world such as Miller, Freire or Mary Karr. This got be thinking about the existence of 3 different readers and about how I have moved from one type of reader to another one. Now that I have all these ideas in my mind I want to be able to express them properly in my project. To do this, I think the following step is to work in my home page. I have to make sure that through my home page my audience is able to understand the ideas which I will be developing in the project. After this, I want to start working in the first part of my project which is the first type of person, the first type of reader - the imitator. In order to start building this first section I have to do research on what makes us believe, what makes us trust, why do we become imitators of others?

WORK PLAN THREE

I have finished the first section of my project so it is time to move to the second. The goals for my next progress report are: firstly, to do some research about the causes that drive people like McCandless to start a completely new life as well as what make people become distrustful and with complex personalities. As I will be using McCandless and Descartes as examples for this second section, I want to do more research on them. I have already read the book of Jon Krakauer, Into the Wild, but I think it would be a good idea to go though some parts of it again in order to do a better analysis of “Alexander Supertramp”. Furthermore, I will be researching Descartes and his philosophy theories to get more knowledge about this philosopher and his way of thinking. Secondly I will be working on writing more like Miller. I find this the hardest task of this project. Before presenting my project today in class I thought that I had managed to do some work like the one the author does in The Dark Night of the Soul. However, after showing my work to my peers I realized that there is no “Miller” at all in the first part of my project so it is essential that I work hard on this matter in the following two sections. Finally, I have to start commenting on my peers’ work. I have started to receive some comments from my peers and I am happy because I feel that they like my idea. However, some of them have suggested some changes so for my next progress report I have to have examined the comments in order to pick those which help me improve my project. 

WORK PLAN FOUR

The deadline is getting closer so I have to start finishing my project if I want to have some time to work on the reflection essay which I think is really important specially this final one where I will be not only reflecting about this last project but also about what I have achieved from the whole writing course. In this part I will be writing about being critical and my examples will be the three authors we have analyzed throughout the semester. Consequently, the research of this part is mainly going to be based on going through each of the three passages and thinking about the uniqueness of each of them. What does make each of these writers be unique? What are the most critical aspects of the three? Then I will be using Mary Karr as an example of someone that through being critical and thoughtful and through getting to know herself, managed to overcome the difficulties of her life. I will be describing how this writer through being critical ended up using writing as a way to release herself from the horrible events of her past. Unlike McCanless, Mary Karr was able to succeed in life due to discovering a way to solve her problems without having to start a completely new life. Finally, in my last page of this project I want to answer the question I have been raising throughout my entire project, what is the power of being critical? I will also keep commenting on my peer's projects. 

WORK PLAN 5

It is time now to start finishing and polishing all my work and to also work hard on the reflection essay. I give a lot of importance to this reflection essay therefore I want it to be thoughtful and I want it to cover all the main points of this last project and of the whole course.